Friday 23 November 2012

Glass, Markets, Paris and Inspiration @ SARAH CONNERS




I am not usually very sentimental but I wanted to tell you a little story about these new bag ornaments.

A new love and a trip to Paris is what led to these beautiful silver and glass bag ornaments. On a cold and rainy Paris morning quite a few years ago (after brioche for breakfast of course) we made our way to Le Marche aux puces. This Paris flea market is nothing short of pure heaven.


In a little stall tucked in the market surrounded by braids, beads and tassels I found the gorgeous handblown glass beads now sitting proudly on these ornaments. I bought 10 of them and they have travelled with me through new loves and two different workrooms waiting for the perfect time and the perfect piece of leather.

These glass beads were bought with love and then made into ornaments with love. Perfect.



 Find the Vintage Glass Bag Ornament in our online store 

No comments: